Vous ne réussissez pas à publier sur ce forum ? Vous ne savez pas comment vous inscrire ? Votre profil a été désactivé ? Communiquez avec moi par courriel à [email protected]. Mais assurez-vous que vos propos me démontrent que vous avez un intérêt réel pour les contenus publiés sur ce forum ou que vous me connaissez, car je ne réponds plus aux envois qui semblent génériques ou ont l'air automatisés.

Cache Optimization

You are curious or wish to discuss or contribute about any aspect of setting-up and managing a Web Site or a Forum? This is where you come to do so (in English).
DanielGarneau
Site Admin
A remercié : 9 fois

Cache Optimization

Message non lu par DanielGarneau » jeu. 21 juin 2018, 5:49 am

As I added more and more photographs on my site, I began receiving regularly the following warning from my Autoptimize WordPress plugin :
Autoptimize's cache size is getting big, consider purging the cache. Have a look at https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/autoptimize/faq/ to see how you can keep the cache size under control. (site: http://www.savoiretcroire.ca)

Checking disk memory usage showed me that the cache for my current live site had actually reached 900 Mo, which is a 100 Mo more than that of the clone of my site I created not very long before I began to insert images into my live site. The size of the cache itself on the clone was 185 Mo.

So it would appear that indeed I need to fix this issue even before I continue to insert images into my site. Also I need to be doing some math so that the size of the pictures I insert do not become so huge that they unduly increase my costs of being on line.

This thread will be used to document what I discover and learn as I attempt to find solutions to the above observations, starting off with these articles that are mentioned in AO's email cut-and-pasted above: Based on AO's email instructions and guided by the two articles above, I changed my Autopitmize configuration in the following way:
  • Under JavaScript Options, I unchecked «Also aggregate inline JS».
  • I then clicked on the button «Save Changes and Empty Cache».
That's it for now. I'll resume working until I receive a new series of cache oversize warning messages from AO.

Daniel Garneau, B Th, B Com, MA.
Fondateur, éditeur et auteur
Savoir et croire .caForum chrétien la Rencontre
DanielGarneau
Site Admin

Cache Optimization

Message non lu par DanielGarneau » jeu. 21 juin 2018, 7:17 am

After performing what is mentioned in the preceding post, I used Page Speed Insight on my main domain.
This led me to further modify Autoptimize's configuration, by removing the check mark in the following line of configuration (under Misc Options)  :
  • "Save aggregated script/css as static files?  By default files saved are static css/js, uncheck this option if your web server doesn't properly handle
    the compression and expiry."
  • I then clicked on the button «Save Changes and Empty Cache».
Will report results and any eventual further action in next post if need be.
DanielGarneau
Site Admin

Cache Optimization

Message non lu par DanielGarneau » lun. 02 juil. 2018, 3:37 pm

Article that it might be interesting to read: