Vous ne réussissez pas à publier sur ce forum ? Vous ne savez pas comment vous inscrire ? Votre profil a été désactivé ? Communiquez avec moi par courriel à [email protected]. Mais assurez-vous que vos propos me démontrent que vous avez un intérêt réel pour les contenus publiés sur ce forum ou que vous me connaissez, car je ne réponds plus aux envois qui semblent génériques ou ont l'air automatisés. Par ailleurs, les demandes d'adhésion au forum avec des noms d'utilisateurs et adresses courriels qui ne font pas de sens au plan humain sont considérés comme du spam et ne sont pas admis sur ce forum.

Daisy Petal Christianity (Wayne Jacobsen)

You feel drawn toward God or are seeking-out after Him? You wish to share what you are learning about Him? This Christian Encounter Forum exists for persons just like you!
DanielGarneau
Site Admin
A remercié : 12 fois
A été remercié : 1 fois

Re: Daisy Petal Christianity (Wayne Jacobsen)

Message non lu par DanielGarneau » lun. 11 juil. 2016, 4:11 am

How would you respond to the following statement (Wayne Jacobsen, He Loves Me!, 2007, p. 147)?
  • "The purpose of grace is to grant us access into his presence every day. Grace qualifies us for the relationship we could never earn on our merits."
So, what is the purpose of grace, and how has God's gracious grace manifested itself in your very own life?

Quote is from chapter 18, «So Sin Isn't Important to God?», of Wayne Jacobsen's, He Loves me!, Second edition, 2007. Remember that the first edition, 2000, of He loves me! (pdf), is offered free of charge by its author at, LifeStream.org.

Daniel Garneau, B Th, B Com, MA.
Fondateur, éditeur et auteur
Savoir et croire .caForum chrétien la Rencontre
DanielGarneau
Site Admin

Message non lu par DanielGarneau » lun. 11 juil. 2016, 4:25 am

How would you respond to the following statement (Wayne Jacobsen, He Loves Me!, 2007, p. p. 151)?
  • "By taking our sin into himself and destroying it at the cost of his own life, he showed us the lengths to which his love would go for us. The act provided a source of trust as constant as he is"
So, what does Christ's sacrifice on the cross mean to you personally? Does it lead to trust Him, not only for your eternal salvation, but for all aspects of your life and of whatever you attempt to do in service of Him? Does such trust in Him help you rejoice in Him as you consider your life globally from beginning to end, under His loving care? Do you live under the conviction that Christ is trustworthy?

Quote is from chapter 19, «A Lifetime of Learning to Trust», of Wayne Jacobsen's, He Loves me!, Second edition, 2007. Remember that the first edition, 2000, of He loves me! (pdf), is offered free of charge by its author at, LifeStream.org.
DanielGarneau
Site Admin

Message non lu par DanielGarneau » lun. 11 juil. 2016, 4:35 am

How would you respond to the following statement (Wayne Jacobsen, He Loves Me!, 2007, p. 152)?
  • "Through the cross God provided a way for us to trust him that would transcend our own preferences and intellect, a way that is able to take us through the darkest circumstances, not doubting his live, but resting in it"
So, do we - in light of the cross - rest in God's love for us? Do we trust that He loves us? Do we trust His love for us?

Quote is from chapter 19, «A Lifetime of Learning to Trust», of Wayne Jacobsen's, He Loves me!, Second edition, 2007. Remember that the first edition, 2000, of He loves me! (pdf), is offered free of charge by its author at, LifeStream.org.
DanielGarneau
Site Admin

Message non lu par DanielGarneau » lun. 11 juil. 2016, 5:20 am

How would you respond to the following statements (Wayne Jacobsen, He Loves Me!, 2007, p. 153-154)?
  • "Trusting the Father's love for you simply means that every day, in every circumstance, you can rest assured God knows who you are, cares more deeply about you than you do yourself, and is capable of working out his glory in you.

When you trust him, you will find yourself cooperating with his work going on in you and around you. Trust is not coasting through life assuming that whatever happens must be God's will. Rather it is an active partnership that rises out of your relationship with him. Without that, what many call trust is simply a Christian version of fatalism or complacency. [...]

When Jesus asked people to 'repent and believe' the gospel, he was not asking them to be sorry for their sins and embrace orthodox theology. He was asking them to forfeit their own agenda and embrace his. That's the invitation to the kingdom. It is not whether we want to go to heaven or hell, but whether we want to trust God or continue trusting ourselves."
So, what does trusting Christ actually and specifically mean to you? In your circumstances of today? of this period in your life?

Quotes are from chapter 19, «A Lifetime of Learning to Trust», of Wayne Jacobsen's, He Loves me!, Second edition, 2007. Remember that the first edition, 2000, of He loves me! (pdf), is offered free of charge by its author at, LifeStream.org.
DanielGarneau
Site Admin

Message non lu par DanielGarneau » lun. 11 juil. 2016, 10:16 am

How would you respond to the following extract from Wayne Jacobsen's, He Loves Me!, 2007, p. 163-164?
  • «This story has always amazed me. A woman whose reputation for sin was well known in her community, walked into the home of a Pharisee while a group of them were sharing a meal with Jesus. She made her way around the table until she found him, then she poured expensive perfume over his feet and wiped them with her hair.

How could she even go into a home of those who despised her so much? And how could she touch Jesus that way when surely everyone in the room would misinterpret her act of love? Shouldn’t she have been too ashamed to even show her face there? You would think so, but no! Obviously she had been deeply touched by Jesus, her sins had been forgiven, and now the only thing that mattered to her in that room full of disparaging looks was the look of appreciation she saw in his eyes.

[...] Discovering how much the Father loves you will increasingly set you free to walk without shame, before God and with other people [...]

«Because your sin was consumed in Jesus on the cross, there is absolutely no condemnation or guilt for anyone who lives in him. You can taste this miracle of the cross every day. Now you can be with your Father just like you are, still in the process of transformation, and not have to hide anything. You can share with him your darkest secrets as you learn from him how to walk free of it. He knows you cannot fix it yourself and only awaits for you to recognize it and invite his help.

As he teaches you how to walk shamelessly with him, you’ll also discover yourself walking shamelessly in the world. Having been bullied by shame all of your life, often without even recognizing it, you will be amazed at how much your life will change in its absence.

It’s an incredible gift that Dallas Willard in The Divine Conspiracy:

Would you like to have no need for others to praise you, and would you like not to be paralyzed and humiliated by their dislike and condemnation? Wouldn’t you also like to have a strength and understanding that enables you genuinely and naturally to bless those who are cursing you—or cheating you, beating you out on the job, spitting on you in a confrontation, laughing at your religion or culture, even killing you?

Those who are no longer influenced by shame can finally live authentic lives—the same outside as they are inside. It is a tremendous relief to be known exactly for who you are, allowing people to know both your strengths and your weaknesses. Shame-free people champion reality over image, sincerity over pretentiousness, and honesty over deceit. Admittedly there is a cost to living authentically in a broken world as others try to take advantage of you. But no one I’ve met who has done so would go back to the land of pretense.»
Are you trusting the Father's love toward you? Are you experiencing the freedom to walk without shame, before God and with people?

The above quotes are from chapter 20, «Shamelessly Free», of Wayne Jacobsen's, He Loves me!, Second edition, 2007. Remember that the first edition, 2000, of He loves me! (pdf), is offered free of charge by its author at, LifeStream.org.
DanielGarneau
Site Admin

Message non lu par DanielGarneau » mar. 12 juil. 2016, 6:09 am

How would you respond to the following statement (Wayne Jacobsen, He Loves Me!, 2007, p. 170)?
  • «Disappointed expectations destroy relationships because we look to others in ways God wants us to look to him. Such expectations set us up for enduring frustration. However, when we give up our expectations of people, we'll find God uses some of the most unlikely people to lend us a hand. Our frustration will yield to gratefulness whenever and however God uses others to touch us or us to touch others.»
What lays behind your being disappointed with other people? Could it be that part of the problem lay in your own expectations of them ? How could your own expectations perhaps be part of the problem? What can you do about it?

The above quote is from chapter 21, «In Exactly the Same Way», of Wayne Jacobsen's, He Loves me!, Second edition, 2007. Remember that the first edition, 2000, of He loves me! (pdf), is offered free of charge by its author at, LifeStream.org.
DanielGarneau
Site Admin

Message non lu par DanielGarneau » mar. 12 juil. 2016, 7:20 am

How would you respond to the following statement (Wayne Jacobsen, He Loves Me!, 2007, p. 170)?
  • «People who serve the illusion of a demanding God will be unwittingly destructive to people in pain.»
Are you driven by a form of Christianity that lacks compassion to those who are in pain? How does your reading of Jacobsen's book in general and chapter 10 in particular help you answer this question for yourself? How does Jacobsen deal with this sort of problem?

The above quote is from chapter 21, «In Exactly the Same Way», of Wayne Jacobsen's, He Loves me!, Second edition, 2007. Remember that the first edition, 2000, of He loves me! (pdf), is offered free of charge by its author at, LifeStream.org.
DanielGarneau
Site Admin

Message non lu par DanielGarneau » mar. 12 juil. 2016, 8:44 am

Please read carefully the last few chapters of He loves me!, preferably in its second edition (2007), which seems to have an extra chapter (23, «Living Loved»), and whether from first or second edition of book, try to answer the following questions for yourself:
  • What is the prayer that God always answers?
  • What would your next step be in applying what you have learned from this book?
The above questions are inspired from chapter 22, «The Prayer God Always Answers» and chapter 23, «Living Loved», of Wayne Jacobsen's, He Loves me!, Second edition, 2007. Remember that the first edition, 2000, of He loves me! (pdf), is offered free of charge by its author at, LifeStream.org.
Répondre