Texts are added to this Web site on an ongoing basis, with the intent of shedding light, completing, or extending existing contents. Structural reviews and corrections are also ongoing or planned. Please consult the sections below to learn more about these changes.
Table des matières
Since February 5, 2018, a Translation Status table provides searchable and sortable information about which page or article is available or not in what language of this site.
Review History from 2019 to 2021
- April 2021, a new site interface and navigation menu were adopted.
- Most publications since 2019 have been produced in French, with a short summary in English and Spanish, they have thus not been identified here.
Review History for 2018
- March 5, 2018, Do We Have a Leader’s Heart? translated from Spanish.
- March 5, 2018, the article Listening to the Bible, Why Not? was added to the blog.
- March 2, 2018, the article Walking by the Spirit was added to the blog.
- February 27, 2018, a new mobile phone navigation system was implemented, making it easier to find and read the contents available on this site and its blog.
- February 15, 2018, added Blog Post Key Topics (a personalized tag cluster) to the bottom of the right column that is displayed from any of the pages of this Web site.
- February 5, 2018, added a new page titled Translation Status, and removed corresponding sections from the bottom of the present Site Updates page.
- February 3, 2018, added Site Map.
- January 29, 2018, added Translation Methodology under This site and its Forum.
- Early January, editing internal links towards forum and blog, and entire Web site.
- January 3, 2018, publishing of Overcoming Doubt? under Posts Available in English.
Review History for 2017
- November 26-28, 2017, removing or replacing links to obsolete external resources.
- May 12, 2017, publication of blog article, Can Married Couples be Restored?
- April 28, 2017, all known broken links are now fixed for this site and its forum.
- April 18, 2017, several broken links were found and repaired at Doing but How.
Review History for 2016
- July 4, 2016, a Confession of Faith was adopted, applicable to the site and its forum.
- May 7, 2016, public launching of forum chrétien la Rencontre, a community of dialogue between humains about the Christian Faith and Encountering God !
- Since January 28, 2016, synthesis and meditations are added to the Spanish language page venir a la Biblia para encontrar a Dios, illustrating how the Book of Psalms can help us meeting God on a day to day basis, no matter what we are going through.
Review History for 2015
- November 30, 2015, official FabeBook page created for Savoir et croire .ca.
- September 29, 2015, a new page titled Scripture Engagement was added under the section Knowing of Savoir et croire .ca (knowing and believing).
- July 27, 2015, buttons at the bottom of each page now allows to print or share them through email, FaceBook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- July 17, 2015, this site’s page What about the Bible was enriched with a link to the seminar Why we Believe the Bible, where John Piper answers such questions as: Why are we concerned with the Bible? Which books make up the Bible and why? How do we know there was to be a New Testament? When and by whom did the books of the New Testament become recognized as the Word of God on par with the Hebrew Bible? What was Jesus’ attitude toward the Old Testament? What were the apostles’ attitude toward apostolic writings? How should we approach the Bible today and why?
- June 27, 2015, links to de Crossway‘s free on-line ESV Global Study Bible added to the article Choisir une traduction de la Bible (Choosing a Bible Translation).
- From March 2 to 9, 2015, links to David Whiting’s and John Piper’s sermons were added to the English version only of this site’s Bible Study Material page; one of these sermons is about How to Handle Difficult Bible Passages, the others are series on the second epistles of Peter. Other messages from David Whiting were added to the English version of this site’s Christian Faith page; the later are titled Understanding Christianity and The Basics of the Gospel. The page How do we Learn was enriched with Myths of Spiritual Growth from David Whiting.
- From March 2 to 7, 2015, a link to the multilingual Y-Jesus Web site was added to the Christian Faith page of Savoir et croire, in its French, English and Spanish versions.
- March 2, 2015, all links toward the Christian videos published at 100 Huntly Street‘s were fixed on the English language pages of www.savoiretcroire.ca, for example: Autobiography and Learning, What about the Bible?, Christian Faith, Knowing and Believing, and Doing, but How? All of these links lead directly to their corresponding videos instead of the video publisher’s site home page, as it had become the case.
- January 10, 2015, replaced the path covered by trees picture that came as part of the TwentyTen theme by a Picture taken by my spouse, Nellie, when we travelled through Southern Ontario and visited Niagara Falls in the Summer of 2012. This picture was taken as it is shown, with the bird flying through the rainbow at the right moment.
Review History for 2014
- Octobre 12, 2014, added the page Choisir ses engagements, to section Agir of the French portion of www.savoiretcroire.ca.
- September and Octobre 2014, publishing blog posts and added links towards several resources, for example John Frame’s six lessons course titled The Apostle’s Creed on the Christian Faith page of www.savoiretcroire.ca.
- As of July 30 2014, audio recordings of biblical messages presented at Communauté Chrétienne des Deux Rives, on May 27, 2012, and February 24, 2013 were added to that of March 23, 2014 on Matériel pour l’étude de la Bible , under the respective titles of : «Homélie de crise – vivre dans le monde en citoyens capables», «Habakuk – la foi au maître de l’univers» and «En Christ, nous sommes libres ! Le sommes-nous ?». No English translation is planned.
- Current interface of www.savoiretcroire.ca, launched June 13, 2014.
- From April 4 to 28 of 2014, the English version of www.savoiretcroire.ca was enriched with external links providing access to contents that extend its mission of presenting the Christian faith in ways that can help to understand it better. For example: Autobiography and Learning, What about the Bible?, Christian Faith, Knowing and Believing, and Doing, but How?.
- The French essay Comment donc comprendre la Bible aujourd’hui ? (pdf, 139 p.) was reviewed and updated on January 11, 2014.
Review History for 2013
- The French language autobiographical essay Dieu et moi (pdf, 87 p.) was published and reviewed, September 22 and 28, 2013, respectively. Two new sections were added at the end of the essay on December 29, 2013.
- Initial on-line publishing of www.savoiretcroire.ca, May 20, 2013.
You wish to get involved discussing life-related subject matters, feel free to join our trilingual Community of dialog about the Christian Faith (French, English, Spanish), or, drop us a line, using the comment box under some of our blog posts.
You may communicate with me through the indications under Questions or Comments.
Daniel Garneau, B Th, B Com, MA;
Latest update: April 13, 2021.